Often customers have trouble finding the correct email settings for their email program. Here are the most common local email settings for the Tri-cities area.
Local Email Settings
Comcast Email Server Settings
- Incoming IMAP Server imap.comcast.net (Port 993 or 143)
- Incoming POP3 Server pop3.comcast.net (Port 995 with SSL)
- Outgoing Server: smtp.comcast.net (Port 587 or 465)
- SSL Encryption and Authentication Enabled
For more information https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email
Century Link Server Settings
For Centurylink.net address
- Incoming IMAP Server mail.centurylink.net (Port 993 SSL)
- Incoming POP3 Server pop.centurylink.net (Port 995 with SSL)
- Outgoing Server: smtp.centurylink.net (Port 587 with TLS)
- TLS and Authentication Enabled
For more information http://internethelp.centurylink.com/internethelp/email-server-settings-1.html
Charter Email Server Settings
- Incoming IMAP Server mobile.charter.net (Port 993)
- Outgoing Server: mobile.charter.net(Port 587)*
* you may have some trouble sending email from other service providers. Port 25 is blocked by most ISP’s to prevent SPAM.
For more information https://www.spectrum.net/support/internet/spectrum-email-server-settings/
If you need help with your email program Contact the Remote Support Specialist at Blazedog Computer Consulting. We will be happy to help you get your email program up and running.